In 2015 an historical display was opened below the main cathedral in the Dean’s Foyer. Approximately 125 paintings, etchings, photographs, architectural drawings and documents have been professionally restored or cleaned, and reframed.
They tell the history of St Paul’s Cathedral from its beginning in 1862. Bishops, Deans, Choirs and Organists and other dignitaries associated with St Paul’s are set out in chronological order. The history of the development of the Cathedral from the original land grant, and early buildings to the present day Cathedral can be viewed. Catalogues give more detailed information.